ISupportIncrementalLoading

May 23, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Would you mind to share ISupportIncrementalLoading implementation within your VirtualizingVector<T> class ?

Coordinator
May 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM

HeToC,

I currently have plans to implement the ISupportIncrementalLoading interface in the framework at some point in the future. Whether this would be directly on VirtualizingVector<T> or from a dedicated list class is still to be determined - whichever way it would be designed to work well with IDataListSource<T> implementations as well.

Andy

Coordinator
May 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Added as a feature request in the Cocoon Issue Tracker (http://cocoon.codeplex.com/workitem/3).

Andy

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:08 AM

This has been deprecated in the Release Preview. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM
miketrash wrote:

This has been deprecated in the Release Preview. 

I think you mean ISupportPlaceholder which has been deprecated.

ISupportIncrementalLoading is still available.

I've removed ISupportPlaceholder from cocoon to get our code working with the release preview and it works as expected.

Additionally they have fixed the virtualization issue, it's nice to watch fiddler and see your data now being requested as your swipe through a large collection.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Sledge70,

Yes you are correct regarding the existence of ISupportIncrementalLoading still being available in the Release Preview - there are some changes to the properties exposed on the UI controls relating to incremental loading however.

With respect to ISupportPlaceholder - as you mentioned this has been removed in the Release Preview. Whilst you can simply remove this reference in the Cocoon source code, there are further changes that are required to fully support the new mechanism for displaying placeholders. I'm working on this at the moment and expect to see a new release of Cocoon in the next few days. It's really good to hear that the virtualization issue has been fixed though.

Andy

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Nice to hear Andy, will keep an eye out for updates.

We just use parts of Cocoon. I didn't see the point in writing my own virtualised collections code when you've already done the hard work!

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Sledge70,

Great to hear! I've released Cocoon under the Ms-PL licence so you are free to rip it apart and use whatever you need.

Andy

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Just to update anyone following this thread - IncrementalLoadingDataList<T> is now included as part of the Okra data framework and can be used as any othe data list.

Andy