Cannot Build

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Hi,

While trying to build okra.core i am facing following errors:

Error 1 'Windows.UI.ApplicationSettings.SettingsPane' does not contain a definition for 'Edge' D:\softwares\Dot.Net\Windows8\Okra App Framework 0.9.5\Okra.Core\Navigation\SettingsPaneManager.cs 25 50 Okra.Core

Error 2 The name 'SettingsEdgeLocation' does not exist in the current context D:\softwares\Dot.Net\Windows8\Okra App Framework 0.9.5\Okra.Core\Navigation\SettingsPaneManager.cs 25 58 Okra.Core

Although I see in documentaion there is class Windows.UI.ApplicationSettings.SettingsPane and it has Edge read only property. Also SettingsEdgeLocation also exist. 

I am building it using VS2012 RTM. Can anybody tell me why it does not pick up the classess and its properties?

Thanks

Naeem

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Naeem,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the compilation of the Okra framework. This isn't an issue I've come across before - I've just build Okra on a brand new install of Windows 8/VS2012 so there shouldn't be a difference with your system. I assume you are using the RTM version of Windows 8 and the corresponding developer tools?

One other thought - If you type "Windows.UI.ApplicationSettings.SettingsPane." does InteliSense show the edge property? Does it show the other properties/methods and do these match the documentation?

If you are still having issues with the build then pre-built binaries are available via NuGet.

Regards,

Andy